Designing a homeschool room

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am wanting to turn my sun room into homeschool room plus redo the play area so I can change it each month to a different theme with dress clothes. I was thinking a art/science center (keep the mess in one spot) library nook, desks, chalkboard. Any ideas or thoughts on how to do it? There will be a random number of kids in it as other homeschool kids join us on different days and different ages. I need a space for toddlers/babies to play. My room is maybe 16x12. The play area is in a different spot of the house.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Best thing to do is to take everything out of the room, then add back what you need for each "station" and just move it all around until it flows. You'll likely tweak it a few times as you use the space and find better arrangements when the kids are using the stations.

FWIW, don't get too hung up on desks for "school" work--larger tables surrounded by more than one chair, lap desks/boards, slates/personal chalk boards, or the floor are super alternatives--especially for kinetic learners.