dill

yotetrapper

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ok, My dill is ready to be picked. Last year I used it fresh, but this year's been so screwed up that my pickles are still baby plants. What do I do with my dill while I'm waiting for my pickles to catch up? Just cut it and dry it? Also, the tops have big heads with yellow "flowers" what do I do with those?

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
That is a tough situation I would suggest freezing it so it will be fresh when ready to use.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
yotetrapper said:
Ok, My dill is ready to be picked. Last year I used it fresh, but this year's been so screwed up that my pickles are still baby plants. What do I do with my dill while I'm waiting for my pickles to catch up? Just cut it and dry it? Also, the tops have big heads with yellow "flowers" what do I do with those?
Let the plants go to seed, drop a few (watch out, dill can be prolific!) and you'll get another harvest of dill probably right around the time your cukes are ready.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
We're in the same boat :eek: I'm cutting off the heads--those big flowering tops you referred to--and sticking them in the freezer until my cukes can catch up. Maybe leave a few to go to seed for next year. It's so fun to have things come up for free!