Distinguishing between journals and normal forum posts

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I often have some trouble sorting through the Recent Posts because there are so many blags/journals. I think it would be an improvement if all journal threads started with ------------- or something. Is this possible? Would it have to be voluntary, or could some administrative trick be used?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Most people start their journals with their name. That is how I usually look for them. Also you could just sort using the second column titled forum. Journals are all in the Journal section.

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I jsut go to the journal forum and hit "mark all messages as read" if I'm not in the mood to read journals. That de-highlights them on the recent threads thing.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
We can't technically make the changes, but it is a good idea to consistently have a similar naming convention for journals, etc.

Keep ideas and suggestions coming and maybe we can agree on something and the active journalers can update their titles. :)

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Wasn't the requirement for a journal that it start out with the user's name?

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I sort of assume that any thread starting with the person's name is a journal entry. And if in doubt I read the middle column that says the name of the thread.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Wasn't the requirement for a journal that it start out with the user's name?
yeah - thats what it thought. thats why most start with the usernames and then a dash then an updated title, like this:

"Username - title of that day's post"

or at least - thats what i thought??

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Yup, mine retains the title "Hen23S Journal" with a quick subtitle added for current subject matter.

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oops! guess i need to change mine! didn't even think about starting it with my name. :hide