DIY Red Pepper Flake

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Absolutely agree... electric is the way to go! They respect it so much that sometimes it takes some real convincing to get them to come out!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Mini Horses I don't think making red pepper flake will save money at all! My SS goal is being less dependent on grocery stores. I enjoy the independent lifestyle and not being exposed to so much marketing/advertisement.

I wonder if my red pepper flake spice will germinate? 😅 When my sister was on an extremely limited budget she found that she could grow many spice seeds. That way she got the spice to use now and the seed to grow for later at the same price.

one easy way to get about a dozen beans in one shot is to buy a bag of the bean soup mix at the store and use that to plant. whatever grows and works out will be a start to a bean collection. that is one of the ways i filled out my bean collection at the start. for a few $ not a bad way to go. :)

since then i've worked up to a few hundred different varieties and i don't grow any of those any longer because i've found others that work better in our conditions but also because i've cross-bred some and like those plus i have bean projects i keep working on as i go.