DIY wooden crates for storing canning jars

LarryW

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a couple of photos of what we're thinking with regards to adding handles to future crates:

Like this, with solid sides and two end boards with a space between to use as handles:
canada-dry-wooden-crate_4701643.jpg

This shows the end construction better, but we'll stick with solid sides and only two horizontal end boards:

stock-photo-3846964-wooden-wine-crate.jpg

And we'll keep doing the same style bottom that we're doing now.

For some reason I can not see the pictures. I am a new subscriber if that makes a difference. I am signed in. Any ideas

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This thread is from 2012 - so it is not surprising that the pictures are gone. If the original poster deleted them from their account or even deleted their account, they will not show.
I can't see them either. it would be nice to see what they made...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i always keep the boxes the jars come in and we'll use those for moving them around. Mom doesn't move full cases around any more so we break them down into four packs that she makes by cutting some box flats up and taping them back together. Jif flats from the big box stores work well for a lot of things we do so we're often getting some of those each time we go shopping there. i also pick up other flats that will stack inside each other so they can be stored easily when i'm not using them for bean drying or sorting.