Do you grow fruit trees or berry bushes?

mythreesons290322

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When I was in my early twenties I use to love blackberry brandy sours..I’ve never heard of using the brandy for a upset stomach.

Definitely never heard of beet jelly..

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've always wished I could stand the taste of alcohol so I could make various wines...a little wine is supposed to be good for you...but I never could stand the taste, so had to pass.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love figs too. I have two producing trees now - but one of them I'm not fond of. I trimmed the other one and stuck the cuttings in dirt so maybe, just maybe I'll have a few more trees.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
On our farm in S.A. we had a few fig trees. We didn't eat many figs, so we let the neighbour have as many as he wanted. His wife dehydrated them and gave us some now and then.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just got 2 pomegranate trees and two kiwi vines. My husband ordered them. Does anyone have any advice on either? We've got frost expected the next three nights so I'll probably plant them this weekend.

My fig trees are three sprouts that have grown up from the stump of an old reportedly huge fig tree that was cut down before we moved in. Last year, I ate every fig that grew on those young trees, and none made it to the house. But I'm hoping for more each year. Last year there were about 15 sprouts. I cut them back to the best three.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
any of you guys with fig trees wanna sell some cuttings? I don't wanna what they want for a fig at the nursery

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm going to try to root them. Never done it before tho. With roots would be awesome