doc_gonzo's man cave

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
alllllll right fellas lets goooooooooo (ala the sweet 1975)

i love hand rolled cigars, a couple of fingers of great kentucky bourbon, and 1344cc of finely tuned harley davidson motor between my knees. not nessarily all at the same time since i don't drink and drive, and it's darn hard to smoke a gar on a bike... but it seems that mostly broads post over here, maybe this could be the micro cosim where the boyz could talk about their latest tool aquisition, cigar choices, yummy booze choices, latest moification to their rides. guns and ammo and more guns an ammo, you can never have too much!

i'll get it started, i just ordered a box of bolivar coronas juniors, great cubanos, wintertime smoke short so your not freezin your butt off but so tasty you dont even notice your freezin your butt off. i'd rather have the belicoso but thats a much longer smoke. oh embargo worries, pm me and i'll tell you how to get around that. paired that with the kraken rum omg blast the top of your head off good. more than a couple of fingers will make you stupid.

lil mama enjoys cigars as well, flavoured and drew estates, but premium cigars all the same, but not so much the really good cuban and nicuragian blends, oh well. smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

help me out here cool car or bike modifications, guns and ammo, common gear heads and shooters work with work with
me here

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Just remember, some of us ladies also ride. (Speaks up the proud owner of a 2005 Buell Blast.)

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:gig Too cute. I like a good cuban, with my shot of Absolut...neat. No ice....no chasers...room temp.

I also would love to have a bike, just not gonna happen in this lifetime. I have tools....power tools....that DH loves to borrow and play with. He claims some of mine are nicer than his.. :plbb
I learned auto mechanics...taught by my father-in-law.....back in 79. May he RIP. He was a 35 yr Army/Air Corp motor pool retired mechanic. I was the only son he never had. His 5 sons, hated auto mechanics.
DH ....(new man, I had to recycle the previous one), has his woodshop/man cave......(I keep my tools out there), and I have my own cave....but it is working on turning into a sewing shop.....to earn some $$$.

Okay...I'll shaddup now :hide

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1994 FXDL stock, a few leather bags and still starts. Single Malt scotch on the rare ocasion of new years eve and perhaps a good poker game (time permitting).
The man cave (#1) is filled with machinery...table saw, shaper, jointer, band saw, etc. Man Cave #2 (40 x 60 divided 1/3-2/3) has a lathe/milling machine, drill press, welders and well, you get the idea with a few tractors, a 4 wheeler ATV and some odds and ends at the other end of the building.
Man Cave #3 is the entire house... :lol:

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What about posting some pictures, guys?

My own situation has developed on nine acres on a somewhat sandy upland area - cleared forest in a very mountainous locality, actually. This has been a family situation, and not highly capitalized. My wife and I have spent a lot of our work lives being freelance & home-based, which has offered personal freedom but not always a consistent income. Hence, we also each took nine-to-five jobs for stretches lasting up to seven years. But overall, limited funds meant that I don't have an ideal shop situation full of dream equipment. I've got portions of three buildings where some of my tools are kept - carpentry/woodworking things in a portion of our larger shed (16x35 ft) and also, along with some mechanic's and electrician's tools, in a portion of my basement. And I've got a covered but open-air welding & metal-working area behind our converted barn. I guess these are my "man caves". :lol:

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
kstavens,
yeah no embargo, not that i let that stop me. but i have canuk friends on a couple of cigar forums, and i know how insane y'alls tax structure is. we pay 1/2 what you pay for alcahol and tobacco. of course that's subject to change when our clueless leaders grapple with fiancing olbammy's public health.
dd,
hey buell used to work for HD and markets his new designs through HD stealerships. whatever it takes to keep a smile on your face and your knees in the breeze.
moxie,
i hope you recycled properly, round here we put them to bed in a sink hole with a 50# sack of lime for a pillow.
icu4dzs,
sweet bike, i love older models. my dream basket-case is a '64 pan with a suicide shifter, by the time i find it i'll probably be too busted up to kick-start the darn thing. super sweet shop setups! i've got the woodworking coverd here on the farm but any metal works, (lathe milling or welding) i have to drag into work with me.
joel,
i just put a new os on both lil mama's and my computers. i havent had a chance to get pix and music and e-books off the backup hard drive yet.... soon come mon.

cheers

doc

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You referring to the ex? Nah....he's in cold storage...out west. He won't see daylight without an orange jumper..till 2024.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I posted these before on another thread. But these are two of my "man cave" areas...

Basement mechanics, pumber, carpentry & handyman tools.
4407_basement_shop_1.jpg

Back of converted barn (welding & metalwork tool area).
4407_metal_shop_1.jpg

Look forward to seeing other men's caves.