Does anyone here read German?

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Found this bottle at Goodwill today, $1.06. It's not old, but still pretty cool. I think I'll use it for pepper vinegar. Can anyone tell me what the writing says? It obviously contained a homemade product.

Bottle_1.jpg

Bottle_2.jpg

Bottle_3.jpg

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The printed label says that it is Specialty Homemade Apricot Liquor made by Elfriede Deureztbacher and also includes her address and telephone number in/near Gottweig. I can't actually read her handwriting on the other label though.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
moolie said:
The printed label says that it is Specialty Homemade Apricot Liquor made by Elfriede Deureztbacher and also includes her address and telephone number in/near Gottweig. I can't actually read her handwriting on the other label though.
:drool

Too bad the bottle was empty, AL! ;)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
moolie said:
Ohhh, YUM!

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
moolie said:
Thanks! :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Maybe you should see if you can contact her and ask for a refill!

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Maybe you should see if you can contact her and ask for a refill!
LOL - I was thinking of calling her and finding out how the bottle ended up in our Goodwill store. But I don't speak German.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Go for it! It's very likely that she speaks English since most Europeans do these day, or that if you send her a letter that she knows someone who speaks English.

She probably gave the bottle as a gift to someone in the US, maybe a family member :)

I have a fabulous bottle of apricot liqueur that friends of mine in Poland gave me when I was there several years ago, it's almost empty now but it is super yummy and you've just reminded me to email my friends and ask if they can send another bottle!