Drop Spindles anyone?

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just finished making a batch of drop spindles for a friend that is teaching a spinning class and I have 5 extra. The wheels are turned out of a piece of reclaimed barn timber so they do have character from some bolt holes.

I would like to get $5.00 a piece for them but I love to barter so I am open to any trade ideas you may have. (my wife is looking for some fiber to spin)

I am off to class this morning but I will get some pics of them posted when I get home tonight since they are all a little different looking.

Oh, and I will ship them anywhere for just teh cost of shipping unless we work something else out.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have a crafter at out local farmers market who sell yarn and spindles. I love to just stand there and watch her work.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm....do I have anything you'd like? Kombucha mother, kefir grains, seeds from dill or cilantro (might have some flower seeds, too, gotta see if the birds got them all...) Pair of semi-precious earrings for the little lady? Used to make jewelry with a girlfriend and have lots of earrings left that I use as gifts. Not rejects, as I never did a "clearance" sale. I stopped suddenly when family obligations took over. Most of the earrings sold for $15-25 per pair, and are on gold-filled or sterling silver wires.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
SAVE ONE FOR ME! I'm sick of my stick and CD homemade thing and I have some wool coming my way soon.

How far away are you again? Just wondering if it's cheaper to mail or meet up?

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Tortoise and Free,

I will PM pics to both of you tonight as soon as I get a chance. I would llove to work out a trade of some sort with you.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Ooooooooooooooooo I wanna see what they look like, I might be interested to learn something new!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would DEFINATELY love to see pics!! Heck, I bet I have a big bag of "dirty" wool, from my sheep. I really should clean it, but heck...I just dont have the time lately.

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Here are the pics. I finally remembered how to get them on here.
1803_dscn1006.jpg

The one on the far left is spoken for. The black on the second one from the left is a rust mark from a bolt but it is not grooved like the three to the right.
1803_dscn0997.jpg

1803_dscn1005.jpg

The black groove on them is from a bolt hole that was cut through. I have had enough response to these that I am going to put a few more togther. If you would like one and would rather have one without a bolt hole let me know.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Just curious, can you make buttons? I'm eyeing a pattern to knit a jacket and it needs 8 x 1 inch buttons.

I'm not sure if I'm going to tackle the jacket or not.

Latest posts