Duck Dynasty

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
What is the show even about?! Just curious really. They were in town today, and everyone was saying they are really nice folks.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They were in your town??? I am so jealous!! They have a clean, no ugly words, funny, halarious, screaming outloud giggles, did I mention funny?? TV show. If you have not watched this show, gather the family, get the popcorn and enjoy. Good family show. The best and did I mention funny???? At the end of every show, the whole family is gathered at the dinner table where a prayer is said. Awesome, funny, funny, funny. Make sure that you haven't drank a lot of water/tea/koolaid/ or whatever before wathcing or you might pee your pants!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
But what is the show ABOUT? :lol: I keep hearing it's funny. I don't even know if we get the channel it's on, but yeah, they were here earlier.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
If you're on my FB I just posted the local news piece about their visit. No idea why they are here... :hu

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think it is a reality show about a family that makes duck calls. I watched for about 15 minutes once. I guess I don't get it.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
If it's ANY kind of "reality" show I never get it :hu

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There is a reality show about a group of religious people; I think Hutterites, that would be interesting if their speech wasn't so stilted. It's like watching a 4th grade play. I wish they could talk more normally/relaxed, cause the content is pretty good.

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We watch it. We love it. Makes my husband homesick for his family though. Basically a bunch of self-described rednecks who are new money based on one of the son's ability to sell his dad's duck calls. The whole family is involved in the business... we watch it as a family because, as has been said, there's no cursing and none of the drama-rama and debasing behavior that is synonymous with "reality television".

ha ha ha ha, I edited this and edited it again- So Lucky, I thought you were saying the Duck Dynasty cast were Hutterities and I was very confused. I re-read your post. I'm okay now *LOL*

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's hilarious. Hubby and I both like it and that's saying something!

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Someone mentioned that it was their secret thing to enjoy on tv and so I sat and watched a marathon of it the other day and it is funny! one of the better ones to watch-better than anything the craptashions have out.
And the Hutterites actually do talk like that. I'm amazed that their Elders allowed it.

Latest posts