Duck Soup~feed supplement for underweight or sick ferrets

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I thought I would share my Soupie recipe that I use for my ferrets. Now, my healthy ferrets only get this as a treat 2 times a month. The reasoning behind giving it as a treat is when they get sick they will be use to eating it and take it readily.

1 pint heavy whipping cream (I only use half of the pint at a time too much will give the wees the runs)
3 heaping tablespoons ferret kibbles (soak in water to moisten)
meat of choice (chicken, turkey, rabbit, venison)
1 egg

I cook the meat of choice by boiling it. The meat can be used raw, but I don't due to having a ferret with biting issues and the raw feeding seemed to add to it. I then shread the cooked meat as much as I can. This is put into a food processor and pureed. Then I add the softened kibbles and puree that too.
I add half of the pint of cream and the egg, mix it all together, and add water or chicken stock to get a soupie consistency. I like mine a little on the thick side, but it doesn't have to be thick.

The whipping cream is an ingredient I only use when a ferret is underweight or right before winter sets in to help with their winter weight. Ferrets tend to put on fat with the onset of winter and then slim down in the spring/summer.