earthquake ins

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
we really dont have earthquakes in sc but i was considering it until i read:

that in the event of an earthquake the brick on your house is not included in your insurance...um the last time i looked the brick
(veneer) is what made up the most of the house atleast in looks. so if i get hit by a quake and it rattles everything to the point that the brick falls forward i can still live in this house with interior walls right?

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We around near Youngstown.Had an earthquake a few weeks back.Determined to be a result of companies forcing chemical laden water into the earth-fracking.Sad thing is they are allowed to continue. Youngstown mayor quickly added earthquake coverage. I think we will too.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/09/us-energy-fracking-ohio-idUSBRE8281DX20120309

Also be sure to check for tornado coverage.Wacky weather lately,and tonados popping up in places they normally never occur. It is supposed to be in the 40's-50's here and next week it will be 80.Normally I would be happy about the few warm days,but it makes me a little nervous with everything going on.

Brick is expensive to replace.Either they raise your rates to cover the brick,or give coverage on a lesser costing replacement.Veneer is like vinyl siding right?We have aluminum siding and insurance would need to pay to replace the aluminum which is far more costly than say vinyl siding.Best to talk to the insurance company and get a more detailed answer on what they will pay out.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
its brick veneer. nothing like vinyl siding..i thought i lived in a brick house but everyone tells me its brick veneer..its still looks like brick so to me its a brick house.

Mattemma said:
We around near Youngstown.Had an earthquake a few weeks back.Determined to be a result of companies forcing chemical laden water into the earth-fracking.Sad thing is they are allowed to continue. Youngstown mayor quickly added earthquake coverage. I think we will too.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/09/us-energy-fracking-ohio-idUSBRE8281DX20120309

Also be sure to check for tornado coverage.Wacky weather lately,and tonados popping up in places they normally never occur. It is supposed to be in the 40's-50's here and next week it will be 80.Normally I would be happy about the few warm days,but it makes me a little nervous with everything going on.

Brick is expensive to replace.Either they raise your rates to cover the brick,or give coverage on a lesser costing replacement.Veneer is like vinyl siding right?We have aluminum siding and insurance would need to pay to replace the aluminum which is far more costly than say vinyl siding.Best to talk to the insurance company and get a more detailed answer on what they will pay out.