Easter kindness

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
First off, a confession... I had the bright idea to leave buying DS an Easter egg until today, not expecting the villagers to completely clean out the supermarket! They had piles of them the last 2 weeks, so I thought I'm o.k. to leave it a bit and beside that Xmas, Halloween every other special day they have piles of stuff left over after! But not a single egg to be found in that shop today....

After my fruitless Easter egg hunt and confessing my boo-boo to a not happy DS, I found our local taxi driver parked outside my door. I went and had a chat with him. I know him a bit from when he drove me before and heck, it's Ireland, we all chat to everyone here! LOL I mentioned my egg oops and he said he's driving up to another town near here tonight and will check the all night shop there for eggs. Otherwise he said he'll look for one in another town he's heading to tomorrow. Which is really nice of him!

Slightly happier and in anticipation of death-by-chocolate tomorrow, DS dragged me out for a walk now. We came back down our road and found the taxi parked 2 doors up from mine, dropping off some people. The driver motioned for me that he wants to talk, so I stopped. He said "I got one" He got an egg! A lovely Kinder Easter egg for DS for tomorrow! He said it's there on the passenger seat and got in behind the wheel and I went round to the door and got the egg out and asked him what I owe him and he said something about he doesn't have the "papers" (receipt) for it, so he doesn't know. I.e. it's a gift. I said sorry, I have to... clambered into the cab and hugged him!

In the last nearly 4 years the Irish have completely blown me away with their kindnesses over and over and over... I'm once again so deeply grateful and filled with love for these people tonight :) That driver made my son's Easter this year.

Happy Easter to you all and may your day be filled with love, gratitude and kindnesses too :hugs