Eden Pure Heaters

Blue Skys

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Does anyone have one? Is it as great and efficient as they claim?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Any 1500w electric heater is going to put out the same amount of heat, and run your electric bill up the same (significant!) amount, as any other 1500w electric heater. There is no possible difference in "efficiency" (well, just to a microscopically small degree).

Pat

RedneckWoman

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have one. My electric bill goes up $60 per month when I use the Eden Pure for about 12 hours each day. I don't think they are all that cost effective I did the math and it should cost closer to half of that so I'm not sure what the deal is. :rolleyes:

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have several of them. The heat they produce is quite good. The "cost saving" is negligible but still cheaper than LP gas. There is a problem that you need to be aware of when you buy them. They are built to last about 5000 hours, which is about 600 six hour days or nights depending on when you use them.

What this means is they are only built to last about 2 years with constant use, HOWEVER they are mindlessly EASY to repair. They only have essentially two working parts, the heat bulbs and the fan. The heat tubes are $15 each to replace (there are 3 of them in the heater) and the fan is $45 to replace if you do it yourself.

The company is VERY POOR, repeat VERY POOR at helping you when these things go belly up. You have to ask them where you can get replacement parts and finally they will tell you. Don't waste your time hoping they will "exchange them" because you'd sooner have a root canal without anaesthesia.

Parts are available from "The Next Energy Store" in Minnesota. The guy who answered the phone there talked me through removing about 38 sheetmetal screws to gain access to the "innards" of the thing and sent me the repair parts for two machines. Considering the cost of the two machines (~$650) the cost of the repair parts is a fraction of the cost to replace a machine that is "out of warranty" .

Repair is very simple and can be done with one screwdriver, about 6 small wire nuts and a little patience.

As I said, don't depend on the company to help you. I spent hours on the phone trying to get through their "smoke and mirrors maze" till I got someone who would tell me about the place to get the repair parts. AFter that it was a breeze!

Good luck with the heaters thought. They do work well and are quite nice to use. As for efficiency, the post above tells you all. There is no way to use 1500 watts and not pay for it. The advantage of these is the thermostatically controlled heat output. Honeywell makes the controller and it is a good one. That is where the efficiency comes from.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've found them very expensive to run and the one we used was brand new but the facing melted. The company said it was probably due to a dirty filter but I checked the filter and found it just fine.

It also didn't heat the space they claimed that it would. We were cold all the time unless we were right on top of it.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
When we need a heat source concentrated to one spot...ex: near a certain chair you sit on...working on something in the garage...I use one of the heat lamps from the chicken coop...hang it from the ceiling and bask in the heat...and that is fairly cheap ;)

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I spend about 150 more a month in electrical than before I ran two 1500 watt units... But compared to 450 gallons of propane at 2.54 a gallon.... I'd rather spend the 150$....... Just sayin ;)

PS, I keep the house at 65 in the winter when it's -15F here in Michigan.