Egg Cartons

Dooley

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Got ten million of these things... Any ideas, apart from sorting my paperclip collection? :p

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I use them as seed starts :) plant seeds in each little thing w/ some soil. Voila!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have several that I keep the special Easter eggs in. If I had children I would have made a project of decorating the boxes in an Easter theme. I only need a few for this however. I've also read of firestarters - fill the compartments with drier lint, and pour in melted wax/candle ends. Haven't done it though.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BTW you could actually SELL them on CL..for like around $1 a dozen to folks who ship/sell their farm eggs ;)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Find someone with chickens!

I alway need egg cartons. At our feed store they are 40 cents apiece.

HEChicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
They are also good for people who raise feeder crickets, roaches, etc. (The insects like to hide in them so they are popular for use in various habitats). You might try pet stores or place an ad on Craigslist for people who keep these types of insects?

Ohioann

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I gave a bunch to a young man who works at a golf course. He goes into the water hazards and retrieves lost balls, also in the rough. He is allowed to sell the balls he finds so he cleans them and packages in egg cartons. Also our local weekly farm auction will sell stacks on commission. You don't make alot of money but it helps pay gas to get to the sale!! When I was teaching I got alot of cartons donated to me but now that I've retired the flow has dried up so now we get only a few from friends that we use for our own eggs.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we reuse them for our own hens eggs...people have given us some and we saved some from before the girls were laying...

we have also in the past used them for seed trays!

Latest posts