egg question please

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
How old were the eggs? The only time I have ever had that happen is when I let the eggs set for too long before using them. Are they older eggs or fresh?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
If you can find one, an egg poacher is a good way to go. You can cook your eggs with less oil/grease and you can steam them to just the right consistency and still have plenty of yolk to dip into.

My mother had found me one that is stainless steel and I love it! It's the only way we cook eggs now. I haven't fried an egg in so long that I don't know if my eggs would hold up under flippage in a fry pan! :p

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
How old were the eggs? The only time I have ever had that happen is when I let the eggs set for too long before using them. Are they older eggs or fresh?
I gather the eggs every morning, they go straight to the fridge & are used within 2 weeks at most & I'd say that is fresher than anything from the store. So I'm really stumped :idunno

Bee---That's a good idea too, but like you said "If you can find one". I guess it's time I make another thrift store run

Thanks again all!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I have had a couple of eggs that do that too.

I have rather "old" hens :lol: they're going on 3 years old. :love

Latest posts