Electric mowers

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love anything "non pull" to start!! :clap my generator is push button start -- and you can get gas tillers with battery start. That's easier than the 3pt one on my tractor but, once connected, tractor till is fantastic! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. Choose your poison?

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have EGO https://egopowerplus.com/power-mowers/
I LOVE the hedge trimer- I have abused this thing cutting brush over the last 3 years and
we have their mower- weed eater- 2 chainsaws
We have 4 of the big batteries- the batteries have a 3yr life, I have had one die but 3 of the original one are still going

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Directions say to store the batteries in a cool dry place for the winter... not in the mower and not in the charger unless it is not plugged in. Not in a shed that freezes most of the winter....... so in the basement or some place that stays above freezing and not too humid.
I still like it so far... and want to get the riding one next year... hoping they will have a "special" next year to be able to get one, like they had this year. I will overpay the TSC cc if need be to get it on the card if I do not have enough of a credit limit, to get the special financing with no interest... Since they do not carry them in the store in stock, there will not be any "fall clearance sales" on them unfortunately.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Instruction book says optimal storage temps are 32 -100 degrees... and I can't offhand find where I read about the "not allowing it to freeze"... it shortens the life and ability to recharge... You can use them down to like 5* by letting the machine warm up for approx a minute as the battery and motor, start slow and warm up to normal operating speed... Yeah, think snow blower.... ...