Essential oils??

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hello all. I found a couple recipes for a natural tick repellent. Made with Rose Geranium Oil. I was hoping for a couple referrals to a good essential oil source.

Thanks, G

steffpeck

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I use and sell doTerra essential oils. They are Certified Therapeutic grade. I LOVE them!!! We have used them on all kinds of things, coughs, upset tummy, diarrhea, earaches, bladder infections, the list goes on. I would be more than happy to order some for you if you would like. Just let me know or here is a link to where you can purchase them... http://www.mydoterra.com/speck/

Steffanie

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Many health food stores carry them, too. Just avoid fragrance oils and absolutes.

Although the MLM oils are really, really high quality, they are very overpriced. I do buy one or two now and then from a friend who is in one of the EO MLM's and he gives them to me at his cost, and they are still very pricey. But high quality. I can tell the difference immediately. But the retail cost of most of the oils there are about 4x what you can get elsewhere.

ETA: So I got a couple of blends from my pal that would cost me too much to make up myself if I had to buy each oil separately. I got the Thieves blend and one called Abundance. For my everyday oils, I get the standard store ones. I get them to order larger bottles for me since I use them in my massage oils and lotions in my practice, and I am buying for two licensed massage therapists. I also keep a bottle of lavender and tea tree that I mixed myself in an empty bottle in my medicine cabinet, where the Thieves blend will take over, mostly, for that blend (except on wounds, I'll still use the lav/TT blend.)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know there are different qualities out there. The tick repellent I found uses Rose Geranium and Lavender. I figure it can't hurt to try it. The dang dog is already bringing ticks in and it's not even hot here. Not sure how many drops are in a 1/2 oz but I am sure it will be enough. I was just hoping to find a reliable source for a decent product.

thanks,

g