Ever wonder what is in your shampoo?

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Me too. We decided a couple of years ago that if we couldn't eat it there was no reason to put it on our bodies.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BirdBrain said:
Me too. We decided a couple of years ago that if we couldn't eat it there was no reason to put it on our bodies.
I bet you smell nice or do you eat S O A P?

YogaMama

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I haven't washed my hair with shampoo in years. I use baking soda, and rinse with vinegar. The thought of putting all that sulphates on my body just grosses me out!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'll be going shampoo less in the not too distant future. I have to finish up what I have, then that's it. But, I also don't wash my hair everyday, so that helps.

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Why finish up what you have now? If you were taking a medicine that was bad for you, wouldn't you stop it immediately? Use the shampoo on the dog or to clean the car if you are worried about frugality(--aren't we all worried about that though?). Your car will have the most luxurious and glowing finish, not to mention extra body and control. :lol: See, now I have almost convinced myself to get some shampoo for the car. ;)

Yes, gd, I do taste the soap I make at home. Most good soapers do as it is a way to determine proper saponification of the oils.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't have a dog, and if I washed my truck, I think it would fall apart out of amazement. I don't have that much shampoo left and prefer to go pooless during the winter instead of the summer. I have too many other irons in the fire to experiment w/that.