Excalibur Dehydrators

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have been looking into buying a new dehydrator and am interested in the Excalibur 3926TB. I did a search here and see there are a number of threads where members mention their Excalibur dehydrator. If you own one, can you write a little update. What model do you have. Would you recommend Excalibur? Thanks.

shopping.jpg

Jim

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't have the Excalibur, nor do I want one. My problem w/it is that you cannot expand it. My dehydrator was 30 yo when it bit the dust, and I miss it. I could put 1 tray on, or expand it I think up to 30 trays-not that I had that many, I had 8. I want to get a new one like what I had. They come w/4 trays, so that would give me 12.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I have one like that and it's made by Nesco, called American Harvest. It's simple, easy to use, easy to take apart and clean well. Sometimes you can see these in yard sales and such where folks had intentions of dehydrating but lost the zeal for it.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a 9 tray Excalibur and I love it! :love I have made dehydrated hash browns, sliced tomatoes, okra, tomato flakes, fruit roll ups, all sorts of things. I had used my DD's Nesco, but it was small and I wanted to be able to do a lot at one time. I like to load it up and turn it on. The only thing I would do different would to buy the model with the timer.

http://www.sufficientself.com/threads/i-just-ordered-a-excalibur-3900-dehydrator.13401/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Last edited:

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a 9 tray Excalibur and I love it! :love I have made dehydrated hash browns, sliced tomatoes, okra, tomato flakes, fruit roll ups, all sorts of things. I had used my DD's Nesco, but it was small and I wanted to be able to do a lot at one time. I like to load it up and turn it on. The only thing I would do different would to buy the model with the timer.

http://www.sufficientself.com/threads/i-just-ordered-a-excalibur-3900-dehydrator.13401/

Thanks for the input and the link! I appreciate it.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't write sooner here- I just recently have been able to get online again. I have the 9 tray Excalibur and love it. I have dried herbs, fruits and veggies, eggs, and cooked rice (to make a sort of instant rice). We also find we prefer to use it for thawing frozen food in a hurry as opposed to nuking it (takes a little longer than the microwave, but less chance of meat being half-cooked/half-frozen). I'm currently working on making an addition to it that would allow me to use it without electricity if that became an issue.

Latest posts