"Fast Food" ideas...getting a healthy meal together FAST & on the fly!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My favorite fast food meal:

Cook some bow tie pasta. I usually make a medium pan full.

Add a can of bean w/bacon soup (w/ 1/2 the water if store bought, straight if your homemade is runny like mine :) )

I like to add sun dried tomatoes and some chopped onion, also cheese if I'm in the mood.

Heat through and done.

Quick, easy pasta fagioli. Very filling.

Can serve w/ crusty bread and salad to stretch it/fancy it up.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you could easily make your own pizza fast. I have pre-made crusts in the freezer, along with sauce and cheese. takes little time.

I live on salads mostly lol

sandwiches are my 'go to' fast meal. I slap whatever I have on toast, add something else like fruit for dessert and I am done.

why does everyone forget about sandwiches...lol...I could live on grilled cheese and tomatoe soup :p

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh, these ideas are really good. I could use some fast food solutions.
I've always thought of fish as real "fast food". You can do all sorts of things with fish. But, here's what I would do. Keep some thin fillets in the freezer. When you want them put them in a bowl and run cold water on them. They will thaw quickly. (If you have enough advance notice, thaw it in the fridge in a bowl of milk). It cooks up quickly too. Season it, put a few fresh herbs on top, saute it up in a pan, with a little butter or even better, bacon grease. I like corn with fish. So, I usually heat up some frozen corn. Frozen corn off the cob, cooks up just as quickly as the fish. Add some butter and mmmm....dinner.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had a friend years ago that had 6 children. One time I stopped by her place to drop something off. She was making a big bowl of popcorn, had one kid slicing cheese, another kid slicing up a couple apples. And that was dinner for movie night. Her comment was 'around here we consider popcorn a vegetable'. Cracked me up! :lol: Everyone was required to eat cheese and apple slices, not just the popcorn.

Latest posts