Favorite Homemade Cookies

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great memories. Both grandma's did table loads of holiday cookies every year. Had the tradition going with kids up to the divorce.

Only thing I want these days that I make is lemon bars from my mom's recipe.

:) we make domino bars which are a thick lemon filling in the middle and chocolate on either side of that. very hard for either of us to resist.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I used to make something we called Stained Glass cookies: A refrigerator dough filled with candied fruit. Chilled, then sliced thinly enough so the pieces of fruit looked like stained glass pieces framed by the dough. Very pretty, and tasty. Don't make them these days as the candied fruit is too much for my diabetes
My mom made these. She made rosettes, treasure chest bars (cherries, chocolate chips, nuts), chocolate covered cherries, sugar cookies, pecan tartlets and more! We had cookies for ages.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
These are fast and easy. My favorite way to cook!

View attachment 17548

very similar to what we call Hip Builders or Magic bars. except the top is walnuts, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut and then pour over the EBSCM.

if you ever want an excellent macaroon you can use all those ingredients in your stiff sweetened egg whites and they turn out like bite sized magic bars.

i don't want a lot of chocolate chips to overpower the other flavors so i go light with those. butterscotch chips i'm ok with more of those. any kind of nut is always good to me. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
one of the most simple peanut butter goodies i make is peanut butter, mix with some powdered sugar until you get it to the consistency you want and then coat with chocolate. i've made thousands of these already through the years. i have chocolate molds i use for them and squirt them with the filling and chocolate. it's not easy sometimes but hey, we can always eat the rejects... :)

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I really think about any basic cake recipe I normally use can be altered to become cookies just by increasing the butter and decrease the milk or water. Not sure if I exactly have a favorite because really cookies make me think about crushing them to make whiskey balls.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
20211217_150001.jpg

20211217_145931.jpg

20211217_145952.jpg