Favorite Homesteading sites or shows on Youtube or on the internet.

CountryKat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Dh and I cant stand regular tv anymore. I love going online to either Youtube or shows on the enternet that we can watch for free. Do you all have any favorites that you can suggest. Thanks. We love anything from gardening, guns and diy for survival living.

Thanks,
CK

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
These are all British, but very interesting :)

Tales from the Green Valley (the first series that Peter Ginn, Ruth Goodman, and Alex Langlands did--about farm life in the 1600s on the Welsh borders in the UK)

Victorian Farm (Peter Ginn, Ruth Goodman, and Alex Langlands live for a year on a Victorian era farm in Shropshire UK) Also look for the companion series Victorian Christmas and Victorian Pharmacy

Victorian Kitchen Garden series start with the one titled either Intro or January, can't remember which. Also look for the companion series Victorian Kitchen and Victorian Flower Garden

Edwardian Farm (Peter Ginn, Ruth Goodman, and Alex Langlands live for a year on a Edwardian era farm in Devon UK)

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I, too, like those series that Moolie has mentioned... we can watch them on Canadian educational-TV channels.

But in addition, I've mentioned many individual good Youtube videos in various posts in the Tool Shed section - a clue is that on those postings, a lot of them mention "vid" or "video" in the thread title.

I like these ongoing Youtube "channels", searchable under these names (and you can subscribe to these channels so you can see every new post they make):

Mother Earth News Magazine
(Many uploads on homesteading, country living, related devices & equipment)

Peak Moment: Locally Reliant Living for Challenging Times
(Series on homesteading, organic farming, home design, materials re-use, adaptive living - posted by a Youtuber named peakmoment)

The Small Engine Doctor
(Many uploads on small-engine maintenance & mechanics - posted by a Youtuber named donyboy73)

LogFurnitureHowTo
(Many uploads. Channel title is a bit deceptive, because there's a lot of info on practical metal working, general carpentry, and other technical processes essential to homesteading - posted by a Youtuber named mrmidillman)

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
moolie said:
These are all British, but very interesting :)

Tales from the Green Valley (the first series that Peter Ginn, Ruth Goodman, and Alex Langlands did--about farm life in the 1600s on the Welsh borders in the UK)

Victorian Farm (Peter Ginn, Ruth Goodman, and Alex Langlands live for a year on a Victorian era farm in Shropshire UK) Also look for the companion series Victorian Christmas and Victorian Pharmacy

Victorian Kitchen Garden series start with the one titled either Intro or January, can't remember which. Also look for the companion series Victorian Kitchen and Victorian Flower Garden

Edwardian Farm (Peter Ginn, Ruth Goodman, and Alex Langlands live for a year on a Edwardian era farm in Devon UK)
oh yes... MOOLIE. i wanted to tell you all i love you all. LOL..i made jam for the first time using the pectin you suggested.... it turned out well!! and my mom enjoyed it.. its actually easier than i thought also.... way easier... couply jars didnt seal so i just used those as samples.... but im looking into geeting the resealable jar lids and using the other ones for when i start selling them

thanks so much man... really :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, yeah... a real oversight. But Paul Wheaton, who posts here at SS sometimes, posted again today. And he has his own channel @ Youtube:

Named bokashicompost.

He's got a lot of stuff on there about self-reliance tech, energy and water conservation, homestead-y type lifestyle, etc.

CountryKat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
:D Thank you , thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have already started watching the Victorian Kitchen, thanks Moolie. I am already enchanted and I love the opening scenes and music. I dont know how to explain it but it actually relaxes me.

Thanks everyone. I am checking them all out.

CK

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score

Latest posts