favorite resources?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I just read a book on homeschooling and they interviewed 21 families. One of the questions they asked everyone was what are your favorite resources? As a mother of a 4 yr old and 2 yr old that I figure I am already homeschooling, what are some of your favorite resources/curricula/websites?

amyquilt

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Great thread! I will be watching :pop :pop :caf :caf

Don't really have any to share of my own. We homeschooled dd in 1st grade, then she returned to public school for 2 and 3. We are estatic to be returning to homeschooling this fall!

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am new to the forum, but I thought I would pass along a couple sites that I use for my boys:

www.coolmathgames.com (math, geography, skill, strategy <these ones I fall for, sometimes I stay up way too late!)
www.enchantedlearning.com (there are free samples, or you can subscribe for $20/year)
www.spellingcity.com (you can add in your own words and have them play games, etc)

(edited to add one!)

mamaluv321

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, pulling my kids out of ps this week, getting my ducks in a row first legally speaking. Curious about any free online resources, non-religious preferred, havent had much luck as of yet...any info anyone can share would greatly appreciated!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I found some nice stuff.

kidshealth.org movies, games and facts about the human body and how it works
Professor Garfield games and activities for art, music, and lots of reading/phonics activities that my kids really love
neoK12.com videos about a variety of subjects, really good stuff here as well
learninggamesforkids.com

I also recommend going to Discovery Channel's website and National Geographic's website as well to find cool science videos and stuff for science

Latest posts