Fed up?

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Made you look. Just kidding, I have a problem. I'm getting eaten alive by strawberry flies, and i'm not growin any strawberries. Makes yard/garden work real uncomfortable. What to do?

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Some plants are said to repel insects (basil being the one that I most recently read about). Otherwise... are birds a possibility? My five poults have been crazy little eating machines against the flies that have been hatching out from the hot, wet weather.

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, I had a dozen layers, but a Coon er Fox dun took 7. Now I lock up the 5 remaining at sundown, nightly. I guess I really need me sum guneas. I know the flies are looking at me for water, but daggummit, there's a 300 acre lake a quarter mile away.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Have you tried Muscovies? They love flies. If you want some, I know someone who has some ducklings they're going to want to sell. If they don't sell, they'll be going to Cedar Lane auction.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I highly recommend Scovies for the flies. My ducklings "vaccuum" my yard constantly ;)

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sounds like id better buy em, avoid the trip to the auction. Oh, btw, we got 30 strawberry plants today!