finally got around to it

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
building a chicken tractor the past couple of days after work. it's 6x8 and I plan on filling it with 20 cornish cross that are in the brooder
I'll post more pics as I make progress
20200624_122328.jpg

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nice job! I need one of those -- or two -- but for my layers. I have a few who do NOT want to coop and I'm wanting them out of the barn they are using!! At least I have a tractor that I can move it with. :D Trust me, this old gal would need that. I also have a pasture I'd like to have them "work" & fertilize for awhile. Hmmmm....

Where'd you get the "roof" braces?

that's 1/2 inch emt electrical conduit that I bet in the shape I need. easy enough. 90 in the center and two 45s on the ends

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice job! I need one of those -- or two -- but for my layers. I have a few who do NOT want to coop and I'm wanting them out of the barn they are using!! At least I have a tractor that I can move it with. :D Trust me, this old gal would need that. I also have a pasture I'd like to have them "work" & fertilize for awhile. Hmmmm....

Where'd you get the "roof" braces?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Did you have a pipe bender, or make your own jig? I see that as being a great chicken tractor. BUT, you could replace that tarp with a greenhouse tarp and have an instant greenhouse. Given: In your climate, you don't have much need for a greenhouse... But, it would give you a year round garden. Nice job. How do you move it?

Latest posts