Finally got my bow!!!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Picked up my bow yesterday, along with three arrows. I figure I only need three to sight it in. then probably get three or so more, along with broadheads for hunting season. Being my second day (along with other busy stuff), I haven't gotten it completely sighted in, but it's getting closer anyways, lol. I'm in love. I just hope I can get deer in close enough to shoot them. The only way I sit still long enough is if I'm sleeping, and I sure as heck don't want to wake up with a tastey deer 10 yards away from me! Now I just need to get canning jars and a pressure canner. My dad has the equipment for jerkey and bologna. I'm super excited!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Yay! Sadly, I don't use a bow--I have dh's old cross bow, but even with sissy strings, I can't cock it. It might be nice to get one just for me some day., but in the mean time, dh does the bow hunting.

Might I reccomend the RAGE broadheads? WE have had excellent result with these!!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
The 2 bladed RAGE broadheads ROCK! I have a pair of Martin MOAB bows that I hunt with.

Betta...what shafts are you using?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I only have a cheesy 25lb compound bow...but I paid $3 for it :D

I pick up arrows whenever they are on clearance at Walmart. You can usually get em cheap right after hunting season.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
:clap wooo!! I love my bow!!! We'll all have to do some story tellin' when hunting season is over. Sadly this year I'll miss out (not paying $450 for a non-resident license) but next year.....yeehaw!

You'll have to post pics of you and your new baby! lol :love :pop

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I thought about the 2 blade rages, but someone said something about not having enough poundage behind it. Granted, that was when I estimated my draw weight to be around 45lb, lol. Might just go with some fixed, three blade muzzies. My shafts are prefletched Bemans, 500's. Using 100gr heads.

Miss, I love the Diamond Razor Edge. It goes from like 15lb to 60lb. Maybe it's 30lb to 60lb. But, it's awesome. You should look into it. :)

Wife, can you take it to a shop and have them jack up the poundage a bit? That's a steal though, if I could find one like that, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The boys'll have to start as soon as they're old enough, afterall, lol. I'll have to keep an eye out, but I don't think Wal-Mart carries my arrows (and I want to keep everything consistent, at least until I start fletching my own). I doubt the shop I got them from would have an end of season sale, since they sell them all year through. :/

Pioneer, why is your's non-resident? That's crappy. :/ Heck, it was only $250 for a non-resident fishing, buck and turkey tag combo up in NY.

I'll have Jas take pictures of me while I'm letting loose a few arrows, but it may be a few days, busy weekend with a friends' wedding coming up tomorrow.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Since we just moved here, we won't have time till after the 3rd hay cutting to get everything switched over to the CO addy. Elk season is this month, and we'll be too busy getting our act together, but hopefully next year we'll be good to go!

Dad used to fletch his arrows, too. I can't wait to do mine. Until then I'll be getting them at Bass Pro where I got my bow and the other arrows. Can't remember the name of them, but I'd know them if I saw them :rolleyes:

Enjoy your weekend!

Latest posts