Finally made liquid laundry soap -

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
and it was a mess. I put all ingredients in a pot with some water and heated it. Left it there overnight and the next morning all the foamy stuff on top had solidified. So, I heated it again and broke it all up. Later that day, solidified again, this time less foamy stuff, though.

So, I heated again, added more water, stirred (all the while chanting over my big pot) and I finally could see some gelling starting. Added more water and after 3 days I finally came up with some pretty nice looking yellow, sorta slimy goo I could put into 3 vinegar jugs. If it works well, I'm getting me a black robe - already got the long black wig and hat. :gig

Gotta go try it out. :woot

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I just stir the ingredients with a whisk in two quarts of water on low-medium heat until everything is melted, then I add it to a gallon and a half of hot tap water and shake it up. I transfer that into gallon jugs, leaving plenty of headspace for shaking it up. By the following morning, it is gelled. It is much quicker this way.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Gee, you mean I don't have to get out my long black robe and pointy hat? I had that chant down pat - "don't touch the pot on the back of the stove, it's supposed to be soap!" over and over to my husband everytime he started to cook.

Latest posts