Financial Paperwork--who does it?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Prairie, that's a good idea about the calendars with the animal info on them. I often forget all about my calendar and its such a handy tool when one bothers to actually look at it! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh I agree on the calender

I track all animal wormings, breeding, kidding, shots, etc. etc. on the calender........I mark everything on the calender cause truthfully I can't remember a thing anymore! :)

I put down my first time I fired up the propane fireplace...Nov. 12 was the first use of propane....now I know exactly how much of the tank I used since then.

in fact, usually I get 50 free calenders for the new year??? HMMM....no one has given me a free one????? time to hit the bank and beg for 2 of them..HA HA

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I don't have a calendar for the new year yet. If I can't get one at the bank, I'll swing by Big Lots or some place and get a cheapo.

I always keep one on the fridge so everyone will know what they should be doing.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I write absolutely everything in my calendar...weather, shopping purchases, what we did, what we had for dinner some days...money earned money spent, my calendar is the first thing I look at in the morning (because it has my to do list in it as well) and it is the last thing I look at before bed most days. Give me a date and I can probably tell you exactly what I did that day and what I bought...maybe a little anal huh? LOL! And I even store them after years end so I can backtrack if I ever need to...and I have needed to a couple of times

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I always have those good intentions, but start slacking by March.

I'll bet it's interesting to look back from year to year.

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Where are all the free calendars?LOL We've come across the same thing this year. Local grain elevator, Tractor Supply and our bank - no calendars. Thankfully, our church has plenty, Rural King gave us 3 (1 for my Dad), the butcher gave us one and an old friend, a butcher in our hometown, gave my Mom a calendar for us.

I keep one for the farm/animals and one for all the household stuff that's kept in the kitchen. Oh, and one for bills and budgeting. (I'd like to forget that one.) I also have a notebook that has a place for menus and daily chores and lists that has a calendar built in.

Wow, reading this I'd be lost without my calendars. Sometimes I'm lost with them.LOL

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
When you look back at the weather year to year and everyone is trying to convince you that it is sooo different...well, it's not. My lilac trees bloom within two days of previous years...and even snowstorms happen at the same date (within two days) of the previous year. I can tell the kids when they are getting a snow day! It's strange but true...

Latest posts