Fire

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Neighbor called "we got a fire and can't contained it" I said OK then hung up, jumped into my boots, grabbed my snow/snake now also fire shovel and headed over there in farm truck.

I heard tires on hay wagons popping and a good 2 acres ablaze. I put out a line that was headed for the house with my snow/snake/fire shovel, while they moved the tractor up wind.

The fire department showed up in mass and man was I relieved to see them. I held the hose from the truck following the fireman around. Those hoses get heavy pretty quick and there's a lot of pressure in the hose. I could tell when he shut off the spray head, it jerked me pretty good. But the fireman said: man do I ever appreciate you. Which gave me more strength to keep the hose on my shoulder high enough and back far enough to not have it touch the ground. I did my best to mirror his movements. How I got on the hose is beyond me... It all happened so fast and my addriline just took over.

But the important thing is no one was hurt, Thank You Almighty! I'm so Thankful no one was hurt. I'll say it again, Thank You Almighty!

I'm now officially very tired and smell like I've been to a couple of pig pickins. Now I know why firemen suit up and wear gloves. The tops of my hands have little burnt spots all over them where I guess embers landed on them without me noticing. I also have burnt little holes in my jeans and sweatshirt and the soles of my rubber boots are a little melted.

I didn't say anything to my wife I had no time to find her to tell her, when I left. She said when she heard the sirens, she looked outside and seen smoke, then she looked and seen farm truck was gone. Then she said she started praying (smart). She's so awesome, she gave me a big hug and kiss, put aloe on my hands and fixed me a huge dinner and dessert is in the oven. I really needed a good meal after that.

I'll say one thing... Fireman are brave and very well trained. They absolutely deserve our appreciation and graditude, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank God everyone is ok and the Claire was able to be put out. You are a brave man and an amazing neighbor. Hope the dessert was good ;) rest up!
I to am so thankful no one was hurt. But it's most definitely not bravery. It's our voluntary unwritten community code. When a neighbor calls, immediately drop what you are doing and go and help.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hands are healing 👍
IMG_20211109_163552715_HDR~2.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I
I to am so thankful no one was hurt. But it's most definitely not bravery. It's our voluntary unwritten community code. When a neighbor calls, immediately drop what you are doing and go and help.

Praise our Father for watching over all of you men, I am so goad you were able to help and are just fine. I am glad the land owner wasn't to proud to call for help, I know of some that were and lost everything. You were a true fireman last evening Mr. , I am also glad you had some hands on training so if and when the need arises you can help again.
download.jpg

We are an emergency service family. They all have been on very bad "calls". My husband retired Law Enforcement 32 years, Son in law retired Fire captain Medford fire, Daughter Mercy Flight paramedic, now a Nurse practitioner, Son USMC SS, now Sheriffs Deputy-- We never stop living the life of always being prepared.

Now, with all of that being said it makes be think-- ok folks if you had a fire or had to help what do you have to help with and where is it??
gloves
mask ( people die from inhaling fire crud and the retardant is VERY dangerous )
shovel
Ax
extra length of hose
???????? and there is much more to add to the list,,,,