flagging spammers

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
user simonmoonn is spamming.

How am I supposed to flag users and posts?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Report and put the reason as spamming, but they are alreadt working on it. I reported an hour ago.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Looks like I missed the excitement.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you notice a spammer, hit the report button in the spammers' post and an Admin or Mod will take care of it. It may not be right at the moment that you report but it will get taken care of. ;)

We, I include myself, should refrain from replying to spam posts. I tend to welcome them and ask them to introduce themselves, with the best of intentions! :gig

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
If you notice a spammer, hit the report button in the spammers' post and an Admin or Mod will take care of it. It may not be right at the moment that you report but it will get taken care of. ;)

We, I include myself, should refrain from replying to spam posts. I tend to welcome them and ask them to introduce themselves, with the best of intentions! :gig
Nifty has mentioned on other boards (not this group) that he either has or soon will have an auto spammer slammer, too many hits on the report button and the post is gone. I take it from your comment that they are still going to moderators here and now?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
If it automatically gets rid of spammers, what's to stop someone from flagging a post because they're trying to stir up trouble until the post disappears?

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
If it automatically gets rid of spammers, what's to stop someone from flagging a post because they're trying to stir up trouble until the post disappears?
Did you miss the "too many hits' in my post? I t should have mentioned that they also had to be hits from DIFFERENT users. You saw Dawn's post so the whole matter is moot.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I don't know if it's possible to do on this board or not, but on another board I'm on, we had someone bent on making trouble. They got multiple user names and more or less made it impossible for a whole weekend for ANYONE to post serious posts. It was awful. They tried to make it appear as if they were more than one person, and were answering their own posts, threatening all kinds of legal action, etc. I was the only mod on at the time, the administrators were away, and I couldn't delete them. I spent the whole weekend deleting and locking threads. You get someone like that that has it in for someone on the board, they don't CARE if they get banned. They just want to make trouble for as long as they can. That's why I asked.