Font size - difficulty reading pages

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
First discomfort I have with the new software...

When I go into a specific forum (say, Random Ramblings), post titles appear listed top-to-bottom by subject, and to the right "replies & views", and "member/poster". Problem is too much space seems to be devoted to the member/poster identity at the right - leaving too little space for the other info on the left. Everything to the left is squished!

One thought (besides the layout, which might be badly apportionedat present) is that the text in each of these thread references may be too large, thereby contributing to the "squished" look of the titles.

I hope something can be done to make the page easier to read. It was easier on the old software, but I don't expect or hope for a return to the old software.

Onward! Thanks on the work put in, Nifty & others.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you know the resolution of your monitor / screen? (example 1024x768)?

Text size is often controllable on your browser. You can do a few things:
1) Hold down the CTRL button while clicking the + or - key on your keyboard to zoom in /out
2) In your browser settings there is some control over font sizes.

We may also need to adjust the font size on our end, but the value we have is pretty consistent with other pages I'm looking at, so I'd like that to be a last resort unless lots of people have the same problem.

Other than those two items, are there other things that make the page harder to read?
(BTW, I'm moving this post to its' own thread for tracking / troubleshooting).

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Only thing I can add, in hopefully useful reply, is I don't run into this font-size problem on other forums I participate in (which is roughly a half dozen others).

Yes, it will be good to find out how others feel about this (layout, font, etc).

Good luck with it all, Nifty.