Reaction score
6th Annual Food Revolution Summit
https://www.foodrevolutionsummit.org
It's Free

FRS17-Food-Revolution-Summit-banner-for-FRN-homepage.jpg

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank's Moon. The presentation is a compelling one. I copied the schedule on google calendar. I hope I can remember to try and watch some of these. Too often I find the cost is a big decision in what I buy. Of course after Monsanto pushes everyone else out the price will rise to the occasion. It makes sense to try and grow what you can even if it's a small container garden or maybe float plants in styrofoam in your fish tank for salad.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I try to buy organic fruits and veggies whenever I can, but price, and my wallet at the time, sometimes prohibit it. We did grow organic lettuce and spinach this past winter in out indoor kitchen garden. All of our veggies this year I have started from organic seed, and we never use any non-organic fertilizer or pesticides either.

This Food Revolution Summit looks interesting. I'm sure they will have a push to sell the books and vids so you can own it in perpetuity...but I'm not buying. I'm going to try and watch as many as I can online for free.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Is your lighted shelf thingy to growing all the salad you can eat?

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish! No, we eat too many salads for it to provide greens all winter, so we buy organic greens in the market to supplement what we grow. I have greens growing inside and outside now. My tomato plants won't go outside for a few weeks yet.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
From Baskin-Robbins to the Food Revolution
This is the first in a series of videos intended to whet your appetite and help you start activating your own food revolution even before the Food Revolution Summit begins.

Why We Need a Food Revolution
The second in a series of videos intended to whet your appetite and help you start activating your own food revolution even before the Food Revolution Summit begins. If you missed video #1, we encourage you to watch it first.

Kris Carr: Global Wellness Revolution
The third in a series of videos is intended to whet your appetite and help you start activating your own food revolution even before the Food Revolution Summit begins. If you missed video #’s 1 and 2, we encourage you to watch them first.

Due to copyright realities Oprah Winfrey Network may display a brief ad. We apologize for the inconvenience.

food-revolution-summit-2017-schedule copy.jpg

If you can't read this schedule, you can view (or download) a pdf copy at https://www.foodrevolutionsummit.org/assets/resources/food-revolution-summit-2017-schedule.pdf

Last edited:

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Moon I've been listening to some of the broadcast. The one that Kelly Turner and Vandana Shiva were really timely and thought provoking. I missed Joel Fuhrman, dang it. I have read his books and they are really good. I'm sure he just reiterated what I'd already read. Thank for sharing this opportunity with us.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sure, my pleasure. I'm going to try and catch up with them tomorrow morning.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Listening to Susan Pierce Thompson about healthy/unhealthy weight loss and food addiction. Right up my alley.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ooh wait are these available after the fact? I've been talking to my mom about this lately. She's all gung ho about losing weight but she eats all low fat processed food to do it. I would love to share that one.