Foodies - explain please?

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm trying to make sense of all that y'all are telling me (and everybody else, too ;) ), and kinda like Mr. Navajo, I'm needing some deprogramming, but I want to understand the why on a couple of things. Not that I don't believe you, but I want the proof, I guess. (Maybe I should be from Missouri instead of Georgia - Show Me :lol: )

My biggest question is about powdered milk - I know y'all have said that powdered milk is bad as it's a neurotoxin, but what is it about the milk that makes it bad for us?

And until I can find a source for raw milk, I should at least switch to whole store-bought milk. Am I understanding correctly that this is not just for the natural healthy fat, but b/c the 2% and skim milk have powdered milk added? (I'm still trying to figure out why they would do that....) But whole milk does not have powdered milk added to it?

And on soy - I know it's bad, and I knew that actually before I started here. MIL sent me a link on how bad it was, especially in baby formulas (and I immediately KICKED myself b/c my son was on soy formula once I stopped breastfeeding). I understand this has something to do with the estrogen content or something, but I still don't FULLY understand. Any extra info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help I know is coming! I'm definitely expecting answers from BBrooks and WZ ;) Y'all are so awesome :hugs

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
I'm trying to make sense of all that y'all are telling me (and everybody else, too ;) ), and kinda like Mr. Navajo, I'm needing some deprogramming, but I want to understand the why on a couple of things. Not that I don't believe you, but I want the proof, I guess. (Maybe I should be from Missouri instead of Georgia - Show Me :lol: )

My biggest question is about powdered milk - I know y'all have said that powdered milk is bad as it's a neurotoxin, but what is it about the milk that makes it bad for us?

And until I can find a source for raw milk, I should at least switch to whole store-bought milk. Am I understanding correctly that this is not just for the natural healthy fat, but b/c the 2% and skim milk have powdered milk added? (I'm still trying to figure out why they would do that....) But whole milk does not have powdered milk added to it?

And on soy - I know it's bad, and I knew that actually before I started here. MIL sent me a link on how bad it was, especially in baby formulas (and I immediately KICKED myself b/c my son was on soy formula once I stopped breastfeeding). I understand this has something to do with the estrogen content or something, but I still don't FULLY understand. Any extra info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help I know is coming! I'm definitely expecting answers from BBrooks and WZ ;) Y'all are so awesome :hugs
In short, powdered milk is oxidized cholesterol. Death in powdered form.
Look for Non homgenized whole milk in the store.
Soy? Phyto Estrogens either damage or kill the reproductive and endocrine system.
In boys, it can have a feminizing effect.
Damage varies person to person.

Me? I can blame my repeat miscarriages on soy formula. Yes, there is more to the story, but that was the start.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'm gonna try to beat them to it. Go to www.westonaprice.org and put powdered milk in the search. Also soy formula or soy dangers.

The processing of the milk alters the proteins and makes them toxic. They put it into lower fat milks to keep it from having a watery feel and taste. It does not have to be labeled as anything but milk. It is in other low fat dairy products, like fat free yogurt.

Soy not only has phyto-estrogens but also hormone disruptors that mess with your bodies' own production of hormones. That is why it is especially dangerous for babies and children, who are developing their reproductive organs. You can reverse some or most of the impact if your child is still young-ish by feeding plenty of really superior fats until you can find raw milk and pastured animal products.

Soy also irritates the digestive tract and prevents the absorption of vital nutrients.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
OH!! Major thing I forgot!
Our reproductive system and our brains rely on ingested cholesterol to function properly.
Babies require it even more then we do.
So feeding damaged cholesterol is really, really BAD.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'll give the soy lecture. LOL.

Soy was originally planted not as a food, but to restore nitrogen to soil. That is why it was one of the five main rotator crops in China.

They knew it was toxic so it wasn't eaten for a very long time until they realized they could digest it if it was fermented (famines are so educational).

So, fermented: the bad stuff breaks down. Miso is great. Fermented tofu is great. Raw, it is very bad.

So there are studies showing a LOWER cancer rate in asian countries that consume soy and a HIGHER cancer rate in western countries that consume soy. The difference: Fermented versus raw.

It's cheaper and faster to cook it and try to break it down with chemicals but fermenting is the only safe way! bwahahahaha.

This is a great article given the basics :)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
abifae said:

Soy was originally planted not as a food, but to restore nitrogen to soil. That is why it was one of the five main rotator crops in China.

They knew it was toxic so it wasn't eaten for a very long time until they realized they could digest it if it was fermented (famines are so educational).

So, fermented: the bad stuff breaks down. Miso is great. Fermented tofu is great. Raw, it is very bad.

So there are studies showing a LOWER cancer rate in asian countries that consume soy and a HIGHER cancer rate in western countries that consume soy. The difference: Fermented versus raw.

It's cheaper and faster to cook it and try to break it down with chemicals but fermenting is the only safe way! bwahahahaha.

And! They only eat 2-3 TBLS per day! WITH! fishhead soup. Chock full of Iodine!

I hate the amount of soy products in our huge health food store.
If I managed a place like that, I would never stock it. Instead I would have a looping video playing all the time about the true dangers and the proper eating of soy.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
And! They only eat 2-3 TBLS per day! WITH! fishhead soup. Chock full of Iodine!

I have the amount of soy products in our huge health food store.
If I amnaged a place like that, I would never stock it. Instead I would have a looping video playing all the time about the true dangers and the proper eating of soy.
Exactly. If you are eating it only fermented, you are going to eat a LOT less!!!

Either a cup of miso soup, or a condiment...

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
abifae said:

So, is tofu a fermented product? Or do you mean tofu that has had something more done to it? My Korean SIS left me a block of tofu when she left after Christmas - just regular supermarket tofu. Should I toss it? Or soak it in kefir whey?