FOR THE BOOK LOVERS

Alaska Animal Lover

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have been a member of Paperback Swap for over a year now and have traded 100+ books.
The way it works is you post books you have read and have lying around. If you post 10 books when you join, they will give you 2 credits you can use to order books right away.
(They do not have to be paperback. There are homeschool books, audio books, childrens books, cookbooks you name it.)
After you join, when another member requests one of your books, you mail it to them and earn one credit. You can then use that credit to request a book from another member. (NOT just the member that requested one from you.) They then pay the postage to send it to you.
Right now, there are almost three million books to choose from.
The cost of shipping is 1-3$ media mail and they make it easy, you print the mailing labels from the paperback website and all the info is on there. You also have the option of pre-paid postage all on the same site.
I love to read. I have found so many new authors since joining, I don't think I will ever be without a book.
There are also forums based on the book genres like; mystery, romance, historical fiction, sci-fi, etc.

I really encourage everyone to at least take a look!
http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
You are the second person to tell me about this system this week :) Sounds great and thanks for the heads up! I get mine from the library, but this would be nice for those books you just have to have for referencing.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been a member for a long time now and I concur. PBS.com is SUCH a lifesaver for me. When I see a new book coming out that I want I put my name on the list and I get it without having to spend all that money. I just got the new Dean Koontz book this week and got the newest Kellerman book for Greg last week. Plus, I have a secret vice of loving old "B" horror novels. I don't want to pay half price for those puppies at the used books store and I can never find them at garage sales. I've gotten all of my research, history and religious books from this site too and those books are hugely expensive. I get them for the cost of postage on another books I send out. It's wonderful!!!

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
I heard about that site a while ago and signed up. But they didn't have ANY of the books on my 'looking-for' list, so I haven't really pursued it further.

If I really wanted to, I should probably check back often, as the books offered probably change frequently, right? I guess my taste in books is eclectic......or really popular, and no one wants to get rid of the books I want! The site was really clear and easy to use though, and my 'assigned friend' was nice.

Not to hijack the thread, but library used book sales are my best sources for books.

Alaska Animal Lover

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Iceblink, if you signed up for an account, you have a "wishlist" for the books that aren't available right now. The list is a first in first out system. As the books are posted in the system you move up in line on the wish list.

I love the library too, but sometimes I want books for keeping.
Some folks might not want to use the gas, or make an extra stop. The nice part of PBS is the books come to you.

Latest posts