For those that use TP...over? under?

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not sure where else to put this thread, but I've been hearing this question alot lately from several sources & thought I'd ask here.

So is your toilet paper rolled over the top or does it roll under?

We are over the top! How about you?

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Under,..:rolleyes: DH insists,...even with the paper towels. :hu I heard someone say somewhere that one way or the other , you use less of the TP.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It just seems to be one of those things that people have their personal preferences of how to do something.
And now that you mention it, my paper towels are over the top too and I'd venture to say that most people will roll both TP & PT the same way.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You may be on to something there. When we put the roll on the holder it is over. Normally, though, we just set it on the counter next to the toilet. Our holders were not set up very well and fall off easy. Our paper towel holder is vertical.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aidenbaby said:
we just set it on the counter next to the toilet. Our holders were not set up very well and fall off easy.
We do that frequently too-setting it on the counter & sometimes for the same reason & sometimes cause we're too lazy :p

DH installed the holder....and....well....one side tends to be looser & requires him to adjust it occaisionally. Which of course he only does it when it drives him bonkers, but not often enough! :/

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I set it on the roller on end
I hate changing the roller lol
time isn't worth it to me to do it and NO ONE will do it for me

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I set it on the roller on end
I hate changing the roller lol
time isn't worth it to me to do it and NO ONE will do it for me
:lol: yep that's us, & falls under our "too lazy" part :gig

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I found that the rollers make it too easy for dd2 to just get a good spin on and unroll an entire roll in a shorter time than having to hold it and unroll it. By the time she gets much off having to hold it then I have usually caught on that she is playing in there and not doing her business. Keeps down toilet stopping ups.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
When you have puppies in the house, you learn fairly quickly to install the TP so it rolls under. DAMHIK. :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
When you grew up with the type of holders that hang the weight of the roll against the wall, you rolled over or the TP would break off in your hand prematurely and only give you a little piece.

Therefore, I have always rolled over and not under....plus I hate to search for the beginning of the roll by digging around behind it.

I literally hate those TP dispensers in public restrooms that only allow a few pieces to come off the roll at a time...those are the ones that you find tons of TP littering the floor where the fragments have fallen. Do not these business owners notice this and calculate the waste generated by trying to install stingey TP dispensers? :barnie

Latest posts