Found some 5 gallon, food grade, square water jugs.........

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
A local fellow had an add in one of those free things they toss in the newspaper. 3 bucks apiece unless you wanted to buy a whole pallet of them. 64 to a pallet at 2 bucks apiece !! These are BRAND NEW- never used, heavy duty,non pigmented HPDE#2 plastic with locking lids and lockable vents. We are supposed to get to together early this week so I can look at them. I have been looking for these to use as a heat sink in the solar greenhouse I plan on building this summer. He has 4 pallets of these jugs. I may just have to buy all of them at that price!! Hard to turn down a deal like that! Anybody need a jug??:lol:

I am thinking THIS is what they are....

http://beprepared.com/product.asp?pn=WS J100&sid=FROOGLE&EID=FRWS J100

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Good find! The square shape is better for storing.
We had a few of those that cooking oil came in and they were great.
We hauled water for our garden at a property we purchased.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's such a great deal. I'd have snatched them up too.

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
we got some a few years ago from the local dog food plant. They held gravy. Cleaned them out really good and we use one at the cabin for water and the rest we use to haul water around the farm with for the animals. Ours have a spot in the middle of the lid to drill out and put a hose bib in even has the threads. They are a great find, congrats :)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
OK, here is an update on the jugs. The fellow that has them has been sick,then I got sick so we didn't get together until yesterday. His wife was kind enough to drop a couple of the jugs off so I could see them,and they are SWEET!! They have like a tongue and groove setup on the tops and bottoms so they stack without moving. That picture I posted a link to is close,but not exactly. These jugs have the lid and the handle recessed so they can stack on top of each other. Approx. 10" X 11" X 12" high. The vent is a screw-on cap with a seal and the cap is a screw-on, lockable and has a provision to screw a tap into it if you need it. They are HDPE white plastic and they are pretty stout! All are brand new-never used-still shrink wrapped on pallets. I bought TWO pallets with 65 jugs per pallet. They will be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday. I am figuring I will only need about 50 jugs for my solar greenhouse, so I will have a few to spare. Shipping would prolly be crazy expensive, but if your close,I can sure hook you up with some.

xineohpoel

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I really wish I could find some of these. So many uses!