free credit report...?

AndysHomestead

Power Conserver
Reaction score
its been about 2 years since i've looked at my credit report...and i'd like to see a current one. can anyone tell me which website i can go to and get a 100% free credit report? thanks in advance...

LilyD

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You can go to all the credit bereaus Trans Union Exuifax and Experion. You are entitled to one free report from each once a year.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LilyD said:
You can go to all the credit bereaus Trans Union Exuifax and Experion. You are entitled to one free report from each once a year.
More often if they turned in a report that hurt your credit. BTW this is for your report only and does not include your credit score [3 diget number]. That you have to pay for! They won't explain the process af turning a complex report into a simple score. Lenders use the score not the report.~gd

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have only used them for about 4 months or so but I have been using creditkarma. You do get the actual score. More importantly they give you your auto insurance score also. it inspired me to do a bit more looking around and i will be savings close to 800 a year on car insurance now. Might give them a try. I have not had any bad luck so far. We shall see.

LilyD

Power Conserver
Reaction score
~gd said:
LilyD said:
More often if they turned in a report that hurt your credit. BTW this is for your report only and does not include your credit score [3 diget number]. That you have to pay for! They won't explain the process af turning a complex report into a simple score. Lenders use the score not the report.~gd
That's not necessarily true I was able to get my score through FICO as well but if you do it more than once a year then you have to pay 14.95 for it. Same with the credit scores. If you check your credit scores it doesn't hurt your score at all it's considered a soft check which doesn't affect the number at all. The ones that do are the credit card checks and checks for loans. We have just started keeping an eye on ours much more closely and it really pays to do it at least once a year so that you know if anything that doesn't belong shows up. Then you can dispute it before it has the chance to cause problems.