Free.... need to talk to you

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:pop

I am beginning my detox today...currently sipping lemon water

*note to all.... previously frozen lemons do not produce a pleasant lemon water. :sick

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dace said:
:pop

I am beginning my detox today...currently sipping lemon water

*note to all.... previously frozen lemons do not produce a pleasant lemon water. :sick
I apologe in advance for hijacking the thread, but I really need to know...
Dace, did you freeze your lemons whole or did you freeze their juice? I just bought several lbs of lemons. I wanted to juice them and freeze the juice kind of like concentrate. I want to zest them first so I have flavoring for baking and stuff - and so I feel like I am not wasting anything.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I froze them whole. It seems to work fine for limes, but this lemon gave me no juice. So my acidic lemon water is most definitely NOT acidic :smack

I guess to properly preserve our juice you should cube it up. Maybe just toss a few whole ones in the freezer for zesting....I am not sure how pre-zested zest would hold up.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dace are you doing the Master Cleanse? DH want to do it soon. He will get through it with flying colors. But I think I'll have to wait until I can be alone for 10 days because I know I'll be one nasty person for the duration :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
No my husband did that one and it is pretty brutal, and I *personally* think it stresses your body too much.

I am doing Freemotion's detox, the one BBH did a month or so ago.She was very pleased with it.

I will let Free describe it in detail but the thumbnail sketch is that you continue to eat veggies and no more than 3 fruits per day, drink lots of water and start every morning with lemon water.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Hi! :frow Room in my inbox now....not much, as I have some serious clean-up to do!

Hijack away! :p

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dace said:
I froze them whole. It seems to work fine for limes, but this lemon gave me no juice. So my acidic lemon water is most definitely NOT acidic :smack

I guess to properly preserve our juice you should cube it up. Maybe just toss a few whole ones in the freezer for zesting....I am not sure how pre-zested zest would hold up.
That's great to know about the limes - we use alot of those here and I hate to run out.
Regarding the zest, I will try drying to flavor stuff later - baked goods, fish, poultry, etc... I'm afraid it will taste more bitter than anything, but I'm going to give it a shot.

ETA: We will now return to our regularly scheduled program!!! :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You can also dry the zest and store in a tightly-sealed glass jar in a dark place. Second best to fresh, though.