Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've searched and searched the web but cannot find a single reference to things made from the free "stickers" at Lowe's. I don't know if y'all know about such things or not, as they are a recent discovery of my own here in the past few years, but you can get free wood from Lowe's!

These are pieces of wood, pressure treated or heat treated, they place between the bundles of sheetrock they get. They are 2x3x4-4.5 ft. in dimension with a small groove routed in one side.

I started noticing shopping carts with these in it near the back of the lumber department a few years back and inquired about them...they just throw them away! They don't mind if you get a little or a lot, they just don't care. Right now at my local store, there is a whole pallet of these stacked to my thigh(some of those were tucked into the back of my car today!) and another huge bundle strapped up that is too big to fit into the back of our truck! All FREE for the taking. Yep, you heard me....FREE.

Built a stoop on the front of my coop with these last year and have incorporated them into several projects since then. I try to score the heat treated ones the most, as I don't like using the pressure treated unless I just have to. Most of that large bundle was heat treated...I'm trying to persuade my son to go get them for me so we can use them for DIY projects around here. If nothing else, a person could use them for firewood!

A person could build a playhouse, a coop, a dog house and most anything from these if they were just patient enough to collect them over time and scale down construction to include the short lengths of the wood. They are as big as a pallet strip, though much thicker.

Anyone have any pics of projects built with these? You can find hundreds of uses for pallets online but I can't find a single pic or reference to this free bounty of "stickers".

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wow, Beekissed, I would love to get hold of some of those, if only for firewood, wood is wood and there are a million uses for it!

Latest posts