Fresh Aloe as a Natural Shaving Gel

sky the chicken man

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
This is not a remedy per se, but something useful I've discovered that I though worth sharing here: the same Aloe that you use to treat burns, etc. makes a great shaving gel. Just moisten your skin, rub the slime from a cut piece of aloe on, shave, and rinse. It's the perfect texture, and also naturally soothing. I've come to enjoy it so much, I no longer shave with commercial gel or creme. And that's one less bogus thing I have to buy! (Just don't get it in your mouth--the bitter taste is kind of nasty. And remember, Aloe can stain clothing or towels...)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:lol: Thanks for the heads up on the taste...though I won't be shaving my face ;) That's a great tip! So do you have a large aloe plant? It seems it would take a large plant to be able to harvest it often enough to use a shaving gel. Just wondering...I only have a small plant.

Tatter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Aloe is and can be very irritating to those who are allergic to it. I stay away from the stuff and use a homemade soap of mine that has bentonite clay, tea tree and bay rum essential oil. This seems to calm all sorts of irritations one might have, and also provides razor glide so your skin comes out smooth, not stubbly or rough in any way.

Latest posts