Fruit Crisp

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Fruit Crisp

This recipe was originally for Blueberry Crisp, but I found it works for most fruit. Peaches and blueberries are excellent together in this dish. Ive used honey instead of the sugar, but you may need more cornstarch or the crisp will be too juicy. Also I have used wheat germ or wheat bran instead of the nuts with good results. Although not in the original recipe, a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon is a wonderful addition.

4 c blueberries (peaches, pears, plums, apricots also work)
1/2 c sugar
2 T cornstarch, flour or arrowroot
2 T lemon or orange juice
1/2 c rolled oats
1/2 c flour
1/4 c brown sugar, packed
2 T chopped, toasted walnuts, pecans or almonds
6 T softened butter

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly oil a 1-quart casserole dish.

In a large bowl, mix the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and juice. Spoon into the prepared casserole.

In the same bowl mix the oats, flour, brown sugar and nuts. With a pastry blender or fork, beat in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over the fruit mixture.

Bake for 45 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly. Serves 8

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My all time favorite dessert is a fruit crisp, not kidding! They are so easy to make too!! :drool

Thank you so much for sharing!! (And yes, must be eaten with vanilla ice cream!!)

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
My all time favorite dessert is a fruit crisp, not kidding! They are so easy to make too!! :drool

Thank you so much for sharing!! (And yes, must be eaten with vanilla ice cream!!)
your not alone....me too. Apple crisp with some vanilla ice cream :drool or better yet, home made apple crisp ice cream.