Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok - that was a first. It loaded from my phone but wouldn't load from my computer. Gremlins!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was kind of cute, lol - but they were so serious and making horrible nightmare inducing noises, lol. I don't even remember how old they are - they're probably pushing 50 lbs. They were born this summer, but without looking it up I can't even tell ya.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Boys feeling hormones and wanting to be the #1 in the pen :hu I don't recall ever having fights amongst my pigs and I kept males together.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah darn trash bag! Glad all your critters are good!

Have fun fencing. I might be building a pig fence today, lol. We'll have a happy fencing day. Only 68 or so here though (super warm for October!), I don't envy your hot weather in October!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, obviously I can't count... I needed 8 cattle panels not 6...gee whiz! I've got two more that I can take down in another pen - but it takes me probably 10 times as long to take one down as it does to put one up. It'll be another whole day of it tomorrow. I sure hope it's not as hot as it was today. At one point the heat index was 109. We're supposed to get a cool front but not until Monday... of course.

Lots of public schools are closed Monday - but not us. :( Would've been nice to work on the fence in cooler weather - but whadddya gonna do. Gotta fix it when it's broken.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:( fencing -- of the "have to" kind

Goats love to make holes! I came home to goats in my yard & a small hole in a fence.

At least you have things there to do it. I've been walking my fence lines to find "what" is where....list so I can collect and use. Sometimes the repairs become perms. :lol: One thing nice about those panels is that they tend to be survivors and are happily moved to another spot. I have rolls to put up, then I will use any panels elsewhere. Some good portions of the removed fence will be used for repairs at some point.

Plus, I will have some from re-organized fence. Taking that to the chicken areas for smaller runs -- roos & broodie pens.

Your heat heading this way. 72 today, 85 tomorrow...then normal 70 days 50+ nights. That's pretty comfy & normal. Drizzles should be gone, too...:celebrate I'm over it with a wk of gloom! My 3 days off next week will be fencing days!!

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses
I have been putting this off for a long time - trying to pretend it wasn't falling apart. But, no choice but to handle it when it has simply disintegrated, lol. Didn't get as much done today as I wanted so I'll make a big push to finish it tomorrow. I really don't mind working by myself.. lotsa good thinking/reflecting time - but definitely takes longer!

You can have the heat, lol. I'm finished with it!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
"Heat wave" here today too- it's going to hit 75!

That's it! I'm moving north! LOL I'd love it except for those months with that snow/ice stuff I hear about. Not so sure I want any part of that!

Had a really rough night with dad last night. Mom woke up at 2:30a and couldn't find him. He had slipped off the bed and was between the bed and the dresser on the floor. Took DH and I to get him up.
So, I've been up since then. Dad is on a roller coaster right now. He wants to get up to pee...sits there two seconds...wants back in bed...lays there 2 seconds wants back up to pee. Lather, rinse, repeat. That went on for over 2 hours. We finally made him a sign saying "SIT THERE LONGER". I'll spare ya'll the rest of the details, but it was not fun.

Mom is exhausted but at times like these she realizes that this is not going to work long term. If he falls while DH and I are not here - mom and the caretaker together could not get him up. Not sure the caretaker and I could get him up either. I'm pretty strong but he's 180 lbs of limp noodle when he's on the floor....sigh.

He was taking Aricept (alzheimers med) at home and was very weak. A few days after he got here he was much stronger and getting up and down by himself.

The pharmacy did an auto refill and notified me it was ready for pick up. I didn't know he had been taking it, so I talked to his docs office and they confirmed that he's been on it. I picked it up and started him back on it about 10 days ago. His mind has gotten better - a noticeable difference...but one of the many side effects is muscle weakness and increased frequency of urination. He won't be taking it anymore! I'd rather deal with the deteriorating mind than the deteriorating body at this point.

Poor mom - she needs about 24 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Gonna give DH about 20 more minutes in bed then he's gotta move downstairs so I can get outside and work on that fence.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks!

Crazy stuff! He's doing well this morning. He is mostly getting himself up and down today. I really hope last night was an isolated incident. But, I'm NOT giving him any more of that drug. Nope, no way!

Got two more panels put up and all the t-posts in the ground. Usually I can pound a t-post in with about 7-10 whacks with the pounder. That's the reason I rarely use the FEL to push them in. It takes longer to get the tractor in position and kind of hard to do it alone. But, on the last few posts I had to use the tractor. One of the posts would NOT go in any further than I had pounded it. Makes me feel good, lol. I'm as strong as the tractor!

Nothing much else going on around here. I'd really like to butcher a pig, but it's just not cool enough yet - even though we're supposed to get a cool front this week. Our upcoming lows for the week. YAY!

101417-ktrk-wx-week-lows-img.jpg