Funny story - God really does have a sense of humor

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wife needed new tires for her car. I ordered 4 new tires of Amazon that came with a 40.00 mail in rebate. Tires came and I took wife's car to have tires mounted & balanced - no problems. Filled out all the paperwork for the rebate on-line and submitted it. About 8 weeks later the rebate card comes in the mail.

Wife handed it to me and said the card needs to be activated and set the card and instructions on the coffee table. I said ok I'll get to it in a minute. She picked up the card and said I'm going to put it on the dinner room table so ("Baby Bear" our Rottweiler puppy) will not chew it up. I said no just leave it there I'll get to it in a minute. So she left it on the coffee table and walked out of the room.

We'll I had to pee, so I went to the bathroom and when I came back sure enough just like my wife said... "baby bear" got the paper and card off the table and chewed the paper all up with the activation code. Needless to say I was pissed... I let "baby bear" know I was pissed...

My wife came back in the living room as I was yelling bad boy at "baby bear". my wife seen the shreaded paper on the floor and said "baby bear" got it didn't he? Yes Hun I replied- just like you said he would... Then I sais God is on your side and always proves you right! She said I knew you were gonna walk out of the room and leave the card and paper and that "baby bear" would tear it up. Yes dear... i responded. Now how in the world she would know the exact steps of what would happen is beyond me, but she did.

So I called the number on the card today. I must have did something wrong twice because I got into the Spanish speaking menu options. But third times a charm... I finally got through to a really nice sounding American speaking lady.

She said how may I help you? I said am on on the English speaking side of this phone call now? She snickered and said yes. Then I said... Well we got this rebate card in the mail and our puppy chewed up the paper with the activation code on it. She responded oh I see. I could tell she was fighting back laughing. I said no i'm serious! This really happened... My wife got a Rottweiler puppy and he grabbed the paper with card attached to it when I stepped out of the room to go pee and when I came back it was in pieces all over the floor. We tried to put it back together but he eat the section of the paper with the activation number on it. And to top it off, my wife - through her psychic powers told me this was going to happen, even before it happened!

Then this nice customer service lady starts busting out laughing, she laughed so hard she told me she had tears coming out of eyes. Once things calmed down a bit... she told me that she once had a Rottweiler puppy that chewed the corner of their garage that her husband had just finished building and she said that's it... And had to give her Rottweiler puppy away - out of fears what it might do to the inside of the house.

Needless to say this nice customer service lady got the card activated and everything straightened out. But you know... I don't believe I ever had to work so hard for 40.00 in my life. God is trying to teach me a lesson here (that I should listen carefully to my wife) and He has a real sense of humor going about doing it too...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I bet you made that lady's day! :) Pups will be pups, hey?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Years back I was an insurance agent for GEICO -- some of the stories I heard!!! Did she put you on hold? We used to when we couldn't control ourselves......:p

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks harmless hu? Notice we got 3 collars on him - he pulls the wife all over the place, if she doesn't use the pinch collar while on the leash. We also have the vibrating shock collar on him. We haven't had to use the shock yet because he responds really well to just vibrate. I threatened to get a cattle prod - my wife got a vibrating shock collar instead

IMG_20170814_220506698.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Next time, listen to your wife. I can't believe you blamed it on that innocent looking puppy...... :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
God gave you that wife as a gift that can keep you from making many, many painful mistakes if you just listen to her....you'd think you would have learned that by now! :gig

Cesar Millan vids(can find many of those on YT) can help you with that pup and walking him without being pulled all over creation. It really does work if you try his method~I tried it with my sister's dog, who had a wall of walking implements that looked like a dominatrix's closet. She had already injured my sister's ankle and her 6'4" husband's rotator cuff in falls down embankments from her pulling~she's half Newfie and half Visla~read huge and with a LOT of energy. I put her leash on her neck in a loop through the handle so that it would tighten down if she pulled and within seconds had her walking calmly beside me...and they haven't had to use the prong collars, haltie leashes/collars, choke chains, etc. since that day, those few minutes of walking with me. Prior to that she had been sent to 5 different trainers for obedience, to no avail. Fun, huh?

I've also used it on my own dogs who used to pull but now do not and used it to train my LGD pup(now a 2 yr old dog) to walk on a leash as well. Here's a few pics of Ben after a few minutes of leash training session with me...being walked by my 82 yr old mother who is pretty timid/intimidated with dogs and had never walked one on a leash before, and with my 2 yr old granddaughter who barely even knew what a dog was, let alone how to walk one! :D

100_4211.jpg

100_4212.jpg

100_4208.jpg

100_4209.jpg

Doesn't matter how big or powerful the dog, this method works like a charm if a person actually follows his advice about remaining relaxed, calm and assertive while following through on asking the dog to remain calm as well. Months can go by between times Ben is ever walked on a leash...and I do mean months...and when it's first applied, he starts out pulling hard but within a few seconds of this method to get his attention and demonstrate what I want from him, he's once again walking calmly at my side, no pulling whatsoever. And that's even with his working partner being leash free and running up ahead, which is hard for a dog to not get excited about when they get walked off the land so seldom.

It's always the simple things in life that seem to work best, isn't it? ;)

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
God gave you that wife as a gift that can keep you from making many, many painful mistakes if you just listen to her....you'd think you would have learned that by now! :gig

Cesar Millan vids(can find many of those on YT) can help you with that pup and walking him without being pulled all over creation. It really does work if you try his method~I tried it with my sister's dog, who had a wall of walking implements that looked like a dominatrix's closet. She had already injured my sister's ankle and her 6'4" husband's rotator cuff in falls down embankments from her pulling~she's half Newfie and half Visla~read huge and with a LOT of energy. I put her leash on her neck in a loop through the handle so that it would tighten down if she pulled and within seconds had her walking calmly beside me...and they haven't had to use the prong collars, haltie leashes/collars, choke chains, etc. since that day, those few minutes of walking with me. Prior to that she had been sent to 5 different trainers for obedience, to no avail. Fun, huh?

I've also used it on my own dogs who used to pull but now do not and used it to train my LGD pup(now a 2 yr old dog) to walk on a leash as well. Here's a few pics of Ben after a few minutes of leash training session with me...being walked by my 82 yr old mother who is pretty timid/intimidated with dogs and had never walked one on a leash before, and with my 2 yr old granddaughter who barely even knew what a dog was, let alone how to walk one! :D

View attachment 4313
View attachment 4314
View attachment 4315
View attachment 4316

Doesn't matter how big or powerful the dog, this method works like a charm if a person actually follows his advice about remaining relaxed, calm and assertive while following through on asking the dog to remain calm as well. Months can go by between times Ben is ever walked on a leash...and I do mean months...and when it's first applied, he starts out pulling hard but within a few seconds of this method to get his attention and demonstrate what I want from him, he's once again walking calmly at my side, no pulling whatsoever. And that's even with his working partner being leash free and running up ahead, which is hard for a dog to not get excited about when they get walked off the land so seldom.

It's always the simple things in life that seem to work best, isn't it? ;)

It sure does work. Thank you for showing me that.

Latest posts