FWIW, $1300 per Acre Land in Arkansas

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I know nothing about this except from for what the ad on Craigslist says, but over near Hardy (pop. +/- 600), somebody has 42 acres for sale for $54,600. This is the Ozarks, so it could be on two sides of a ravine, or it could be nice. I just thought that I'd pass it along if anyone was looking for some land to move to at a decent price. I have no other connection to it.

42 Acres Near Hardy - $54600

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been to Hardy. My Ma had lived in NE Ark/SE Mo when she was 14 until 29. I went with her for a visit in 1993 and stayed with Ma's foster brother outside Walnut Grove (?) area. I was told Hardy used to be an 'outlaw hangout' hundred or so years before. Is the candy store still there?

(Probably won't be moving there as DH seems permanently fixed :lol: )

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Isn't that the town that has the huge cave house that used to host concerts?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
Is the candy store still there?
Yes it is, Right on Main Street. I make it a point to NOT stop there when I pass through. ;?) Awe geeze, now I have a jones for some buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Belly jelly beans. :drool

Wannabefree said:
Isn't that the town that has the huge cave house that used to host concerts?
I hadn't heard of that, but it may be Cave City, in the same county, but somewhere to the south of Hardy. I'll have to ask around NOW THAT I HAVE TO GO TO THE CANDY STORE! :barnie

DesertChick

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have a tendency to eat too many of the popcorn flavored jelly beans because they don't taste like candy. Then I feel yucky. But I LOVE them! :D