Garden Path

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I posted a couple of these pictures in my Garden Pond thread a few days ago, but since it is not part of the pond build, I'll continue here.

A number of years ago, we bought two huge pallets of irregular slates. The plan at that time was to build a small patio on the side of the house for the grill and a table. This was when the back of the house had nothing and before we doubled the backyard size with truckloads of fill. We did dig out a section on the side of the house, put gravel down and laid the slates, but never really finished it off. So, we decided to relocate the slates making a walkway from the main part of the backyard to the greenhouse, old shed, and staircase up to the side yard.

We now have the slates placed in the walkway solidly sitting on a good layer of stone dust. Next we have to take dirt (which we'll get when we dig out under our deck to make a storage area...another project!) and gently slope it up against the raised walkway and plant grass.

First few days...
Front of old shed
002-Apr_17.jpg

Towards old shed
003-Apr_17.jpg

View from backyard to greenhouse
004-Apr_18.jpg

005-Apr_18.jpg

Slates in place!
010-Apr_20.jpg

011-Apr_20.jpg

012-Apr_20.jpg

013-Apr_20.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is gorgeous! Living on totally flat land I get a little jealous when I see terraced areas nice hilly terrain. But, I'm sure those things bring their own issues.

You've done a great job!

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
And I would love to have someone just DO all that for me!! :lol:
Then let me enjoy the water pond, greenhouse, chicken yard, flowers, etc.....

Until then, your pics sure help. Great job. (jobs, s, s) busy man

:lol: :yuckyuck

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Minihorse, I'm the same way....would LOVE to have someone do stuff like that for me! It all looks so very lovely!!!! I'd love to have pathways like that everywhere I have to go outside....no dirt tracked into the house! :love

Watching for more!!! :pop

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You are all so funny.....I have a little terraced part and about an acre of flat, some sunny and some in shade. I have a little pond and a medium pond and large greenhouse. I have the best of both worlds and still want more....guess we are never just satisfied....

That path really looks good....it is a must see. One day....