gardening ideas

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I just read a tip for all us gardeners. Take a mailbox and make it all pretty. Mount it on a post near your garden and use it to store your gloves and all your hand tools. That way they are always near the garden when you need them and they are protected from the weather in the off season.

Anyone got any other good gardening ideas to help all us newbies?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
COOL IDEA Lori

definitely a plus since "who can find the gloves' if needed..HA HA
but rare I ever use gloves...hence the farmer gal hands.

nah, for me I don't "do many tip things" for gardening...plant it and hope they do well...just the usual type things like mulch, aerate, water, etc. the smal gardens.

everything else seems like more work to me..HA HA

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
For this season I am mounting those sturdy clips that hold brooms and such right onto my garden gate. This way my favorite hoe and rake is clipped right onto the gate when I go to the garden. I don't mind them being out in the weather too badly....all my tools are pretty weather beaten! :p

Makes for quicker comings and goings in my garden, which I need right now because I really have to hit it running when I come home from work.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I need to wear gloves but I can never find them!!

PERSONALLY I LOVE THE IDEA!! Note to self: Look for old mailboxes. The teenagers around here love to knock them down, so I am sure I will find one at at garage sale!!!:D

I like the clip idea BEE, but it rains too much to store anything wooden out there. But back in TX, I would do it. I'm always looking for a shortcut and cutting out the walk to the shed can save some time.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have an old fishing tackle box that I use for my garden tools. I just took the inside tray out and drop my hand tools along with my gloves in the box. Its easy to transport from place to place and I always know where everything is. Including my garden gloves.

My leather (heavy duty work gloves) are clipped to a nail next to the big garden tools. I just used one of those metal clip thingys that I use at the office.

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
Since I don't have a wheelbarrow yet, I pile everything on an old tarp just outside the garage and pull it to the garden. It saves me trips back and forth, and I can pile a lot of heavy stuff on it too.