Gas prices today...

chiknmama

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
A friend of mine just called and asked if I had a full tank of gas, because it just went up to 3.99 a gallon town, and in the next town over (where his wife works) it was up over 4.60 a gallon!!

I'm sure it is because of the hurricanes, but sheesh, that seems extreme to jump so fast and so high.

Guess I will be sticking around the farm more than I thought until that goes down a bit!!

Has anyone else had their local gas prices rise dramatically in the last day or so?

(btw - I'm in Kentucky).

Peace -
Meriah

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Haven't seen it here yet but have seen the prediction on the local news. so glad for my new gas sipper!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they shut down refineries in TX cause of the storms. it is hitting us now.

we went $3.59 to $4.69 in a second here.

I loaded up all vehicles, all gas cans, etc. at low price. My store owner told Tony and he called me and said get loaded now. He can not even get a tanker in to fill the tank now and if he does the broker quoted over $5 per gallon on the next tanker....UGH

but I am loaded and driving less right now cause of this.....can't afford $5 per gallon, that would hurt big time. bad enough as it is.....everyone load up!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
It has "only" gone up about 15% overnight here, so far, but will have to see what the hurricane does. We are still paying more than in most parts of US I think (yesterday, before the bump, it was $1.25/litre, which is a bit over $5/gallon) and have been for a long time.

Pat, kicking self for not filling up yesterday (I *did* think about it), but hopefully with enough gas in tank to be able to sit tight til prices drop back.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here in Missouri gas jumped from $3.27 to $3.69.

On the news today it was reported that the price of oil went below $100 a barrel.

I'd like to know why whenever the price of oil rises we immediately see prices at the pump rise but when oil goes down it takes a long time to see any relief.

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
On a news radio show I heard today it said that the only parts of the country that will see really high gas increases are ones who get their supply from the states, apparently alot of our area gets our gas from Canada and Europe so there shouldn't be the drastic increase here compared to the poster on BYC that paid yesterday in the Blue Ridge Mountains, $6.79 a gallon!!
However, it was noted that some of these gas stations are increasing their prices anyway(evewn though they aren't paying an increase from their suppliers) just because they think they can get away with it since other parts of the country are being screwed over.
Its really disgusting.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We got gas around 11 am today for $3.79 a gallon. That's the same as it was yesterday, so I am glad to see our gas is "holding" for now.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
This afternoon I saw prices within a 25 mile radius from $3.99 to $4.69 near where I live.