Goat question

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have a cousin whose nanny just had a baby about 3 days ago. Now the nanny is puking and has diarrhea. Any ideas on why and is it "normal?" I never had that issue with mine :hu

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
She has given her electrolytes, and I told her some baking soda may help..beyond that I just don't have a clue :hu As I said, mine never had that problem at all. I have seen a goat throw up one time, and she was in labor with a mouthful or corn at the time :rolleyes: :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh golly - what i'll say is NO that is not normal at all.

there was just a thread on BYH on goats puking - i dont remember what they said but you might want to check it out.

hope she is ok!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
oh golly - what i'll say is NO that is not normal at all.

there was just a thread on BYH on goats puking - i dont remember what they said but you might want to check it out.

hope she is ok!
Thanks! I didn't think it sounded good either. I hope she's okay too!! Going to look!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like poisoning and is a critical situation. Activated charcoal, veg oil, baking soda are the usual treatments. Hopefully you already have some answers from byh and the goat is still hanging in there....someone needs to make sure the baby is getting enough to eat, too. :(

Latest posts