goat shots

BirchHatchery

Power Conserver
Reaction score
hear people talk about giving their goats shots and antibotics all the time i have had goats and nown folks who have had goats for quit a long time and i have never and i no other folks have never giving any shots to their goats i do deworm tho whats the use giving it to them if their really dont need it?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You won't here much of that talk here on ss! :p Only when they need it, and even then....."need" is a matter of opinion.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I do CDT every year. I give BoSe (selenium) twice a year and Copasure twice a year. I don't give any other vaccines other than the CDT. I have just found from personal experience that my goats need the extra selenium and copper. Each herd is different so you just have to see how it goes for you.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
For me, CD/T is a must. That's the only vax I give routinely. Antibiotics only when needed, of course.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
BirchHatchery said:
what do you mean by that post?
Some people inject lots of stuff in a preventative way. As soon as those babies come out, they are a pincushion.

On this forum, people tend more towards natural methods and are more frugal, too. So we tend to only inject on an as-needed basis. Generally.

I use cd&t vaccination as my only vaccination. I have a bottle of Ivomec dewormer in the fridge that has barely ever been used, but when I needed it, I needed it.

If an animal (or myself) had an infection that required antibiotics, I would use them. I do not use medicated feeds or give antibiotics in anticipation of infection.

Latest posts